SYNTHESIS

To be honest this topic I didn't cover during lectures, because I couldn't attend the classes at that time. However, I tried my best to do a self-study and cover this topic by my own.
I understood that synthesis is the process of piecing information from a text together with background knowledge to formulate new thinking around a topic. As a readers synthesize, they:

  • Add to their already existing stores of knowledge
  • Reinforce what they already know
  • Merge new information with pre-existing knowledge to gain deeper insight, new perspective or a new line of thinking about the topic being studied    

Synthesis might be demonstrated in a number of ways including: new empathy for characters in book, new perspective on situation presented in text, new ideas about topic being discussed.
Synthesis is the ultimate goal of reading because it is what shapes and changes people's thinking making reading a transformative experience.   

Also, synthesis is like collecting the puzzle, I like it because you do it by your own, the system is good, define the idea or problem and then access to the information and finally you evaluate all your job and process. Overall, this topic might help me to be more developed in evaluating and defining skills. I can become more experienced in synthesizing the information and other sources. Even I didn't got this topic well, I think that it is very important to student to know about it.